From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:48:09
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Matthias Langer wrote:
3 >> no offense, but this is one of the worst proposals i've ever read on
4 >> this list; why? because, one of gentoo's major problems is that it is
5 >> becoming more and more a toy exclusively for its own developers.
6 >
7 > Gentoo's always been exclusively for the developers. Nobody's paying us
8 > to do this. It just so happens that the things we want to do also
9 > benefit other people, and so they use them.
10
11 That was my thought as well. We (the developers) owe nothing to the community at
12 large. We are volunteers, and if we want to treat Gentoo as our own personal toy
13 (which we currently aren't), then so be it.
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list