From: Wayne Vovil <wayne.vovil@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: Re: [gentoo-dev] LibPNG Problems :(
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:57:39
1 Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for. Be patient.
2
3 > Re: [gentoo-dev] LibPNG Problems :(   Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> gentoo-dev@××××××.orgReply-To: gentoo-dev@g.o
4 >Date: 17 Apr 2002 19:12:52 -0600
5 >
6 >On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 18:54, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
7 >> Sorry, this is almost one more day without really using my PC but leaving it
8 >> there, compiling and compiling and compiling and me watching TV waiting for
9 >> it. Boring, man. That's all. I did that twice in the last 2 weeks. I wanna
10 >> use now the bloody thing, not fixing its installations. :-(
11 >>
12 >> I mean, sure, this is a source-based distro. But it goes too far.
13 >
14 >I'd recommend that people who don't want to have the latest and greatest
15 >versions of everything (and everything that goes with it), don't use
16 >--update with emerge. That should help you avoid most problems. We are
17 >still devising a good distributed QA system, but that hasn't been added
18 >to Portage yet :)
19 >
20 >Best Regards,
21 >