From: Norberto BENSA <nbensa@×××.net>
To: rob holland <robh@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [FEATURE-REQUEST][PORTAGE] Apply custom patches
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:55:02
1 nbensa@venkman ~ $ date ; echo ${rob holland}
2 Tuesday 08 July 2003 02:40 pm
3
4 > --On Tuesday, July 08, 2003 10:29:53 -0700 "C. Brewer"
5 >
6 > <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
7 > > For that kind of effort, it would be far easier to edit the ebuild
8 > > directly. I think you'd be surprised that on a ~x86 box the number of
9 > > patches that need to be added, or better yet, taken out as they are not
10 > > needed or break the package under certain circumstances, not to mention
11 > > the amount of patches that are included with some ebuilds as a sweeping
12 > > general purpose one-size fits all patching.
13 >
14 > How would MY_PATCHES allow you to not apply a patch?
15 >
16 > MY_PATCHES="-notthisone.patch"?
19 I'm not sure I understand your statement. What are you trying to say?
20
21 MY_PATCHES is a variable and IF is NOT defined, then there're no patches to
22 apply. What's the problem?
23
24 Norberto