From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] some errors
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:15:36
1 On Sat, 12 May 2001 06:20:15 -0000 "michael nazaroff" <spirexe@×××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Number one error that I'm having Konsole is not exporting /etc/.profile
5 > properly so I'm am without colors in my termial window.
6
7 I have the same problem - no clue.
8
9 > Number two su does not work will not allow me to su to root it says su:
10 > Permission denied Sorry.
11
12 Achim has answered this one several times and apparently it is now on the
13 FAQ. You need to put your user in group 'wheel' and update group 'wheel'
14 to allow your user in order for su to work on gentoo.
15
16 > And then lastly the netscape script in /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape is
17 > giving me this error /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape: line 8: 5048 Bus error
18
19 no clue. Try opera! <grin>
22 Collins Richey
23 Denver area