From: Jan Hendrik Grahl <jhgz1@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Translation questions [was: Re: [gentoo-dev] I want to help, but I don't know where]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:04:38
1 On Wednesday 22 February 2006 05:17, Rafael Bugajewski wrote:
2 > Mark Kowarsky wrote:
3 > > If you want to help
4 > > > http://www.securesystem.info/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=3&postId=10
5 > > >4 contains a good summary of what and how you can help out :).
6 > >
7 > > Thanks for the nice link. I read some stuff and now I know that the first
8 > > step is "helping out". So I will translate some existing documentation
9 > > into german.
10 > >
11 > > I could start writing everything in german into a plain text file, but I
12 > > don't think it's a good idea. In my opinion it would be better if I could
13 > > write the XML files directly and submit it to Bugzilla for approval. But
14 > > where can I get a needed XML structure, example or at least description?
15 > >
16 > > Greets,
17 > >
18 > > Rafael Bugajewski
19 >
20 Hi Rafael,
21 the german doc team uses a CVS repository at gentoo.de to coordinate work.
22 The webserver at that domainname also has lots of information for helping
23 with translations. You can see our current status here:
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~grahl/trads-de.html
25 Let me know (on- or off-list) what you'd like to help out with and we'll
26 get you set up :-)
27 All the best,
28 Hendrik