From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] loop-aes ebuild removed - why?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:23:59
1 begin quote
2 On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:49:17 +0200
3 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > I'm extending cryptoloop 2.6 to support compressors (almost done) and
6 > losetup -e name /dev/loop? /where/your/file/is
7 > works fine.
10 As i see this thread i thought I'd reply, I too am using loop-aes for my
11 encryption, this includes /home and other "vital" parts of the disk. So
12 far I've maintained the patch and accessories outside of portage, and
13 the patches too mount/losetup haven't worked against util-linux .12
16 the parameters are quite "standard"
17 /dev/hdc6 /home ext3
18 defaults,noauto,loop=/dev/loop6,encryption=AES128 0 0
21 The main choice for me too was the consistency in the setup when
22 choosing loop-aes. it would work on future kernels (2.6) just as it did
23 in 2.4. Major selling point, especially with the global uncertainity
24 around kerneli.org and the kernel cryptoapi
25
26 //Spider
30 begin .signature
31 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
33 end