From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for eudev deprecation
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 06:50:22
1 On 22.8.2021 23.14, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Yes! It is time to finally deprecate eudev! sys-fs/udev now builds
5 > under musl! My original purpose for maintaining eudev was because
6 > systemd + musl did not play well together when udev was absorbed into
7 > the sytemd repo. Now thanks to patches from openembedded, they do, and
8 > my original reason for maintaining eudev is no longer valid. So its
9 > time to retire eudev. It has served its purpose as a stop-gap.
12 With its new upstream, and this post serves as a PSA to the
13 uninititated, I guess eudev will be kept?
14
15 https://github.com/eudev-project/eudev
16
17 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature