From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Python application with multiple new dependencies
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:44:17
1 * Michał Górny:
2
3 > I presume you want to proxy-maintain all of those packages.
4
5 I would want to maintain the "monty" application because it offers
6 functionality useful to me. I'm not particularly keen on maintaining
7 Python ebuilds required as dependencies by only one application.
8
9 Like everybody else, I have only a finite amount of time I can spend on
10 Gentoo packages. I usually start with a separate venv for Python apps so
11 I can "pip install ..." and make do without ebuilds.
12
13 -Ralph
14
15 P.S.: Thanks to you and Brian for your answers.