From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to handle sensitive files when generating binary packages
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:47:21
1 On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 18:50 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > > Well, I often use quickpkg when I want to try a new version of a
4 > > > package (I quickpkg the currently installed one.. and I want to keep
5 > > > all the config files). Then I emerge the new one, and I absolutely want
6 > > > to be able to restore the config files if I want to revert to an older
7 > > > version, either because they have been broken by the pkg_postinst or
8 > > > something else. I still haven't heard a good reason to change anything
9 > > > thats not the printing in quickpkg.
10 > >
11 > > i didnt say i was going to be disallowing this, i said i'd be making it
12 > > no longer the default behavior ... what you want to do will still be
13 > > perfectly possible
14 >
15 > Is quickpkg a candidate for FEATURES? I'd much prefer this be able to
16 > be controlled by a configuration file (and overridden on the command
17 > line) so I don't have to remember to put --iamsureidontcareaboutsecurity
18 > or whatever on the command line every time.
19
20 there's a new quickpkg default opts ala emerge default opts env var
21 -mike