From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: John <list@××××××××××××××××××.us>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Some Comments
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:56:55
1 On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 07:45, John wrote:
2 > On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 >
4 > > A creditable (sp?) menu system would install native menu entries for each
5 > > supported WM, I'd hope.
6 >
7 > This would be extremely annoying as I would then have to go back and
8 > delete/rearrange my menu after every emerge.
9 >
10 > I'll take care of adding my own menu entries, thankyou!
11
12 Simply do not have menu in your FEATURES and you would never see this
13 menu system. At least that's the idea behind it. After all, nobody
14 wants to force anything on our users, but it has been a requested
15 feature and something I would love to see implemented. After all, I run
16 a large number of machines and consistency is something I strive to
17 have.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Developer, Gentoo Linux