From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] State of elogind integration and the default +elogind local USE flag on xorg-server.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:09:38
1 On 2019.03.22 20:32, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 [snip]
5
6 > - We should go back to +suid -elogind default.
7 > - We should actually NOT put suid on Xorg if USE="suid elogind" but
8 > put
9 > suid bit with USE="suid -elogind".
10 > - We should only ever enable elogind in desktop profiles.
11 >
12 > Personally I'd like to stay without enabling suid by default on
13 > xorg-server, as otherwise hardly anyone will ever drop the suid from
14 > it,
15 > which would be a big step back. Gentoo tried to drop suid from
16 > xorg-server a handful of times, let's make the current one a final one
17 > :)
18 >
19 > I'd like to propose doing the following:
20 >
21 > - Keywording elogind on missing archs
22 > - Making elogind a global USE flag
23 > - Switching desktop profiles to elogind from consolekit while still
24 > preserving -suid +elogind on xorg-server for those that does not use
25 > desktop profiles (systemd profiles users not affected)
26 > - Making pambase always install the configuration for pam_elogind.so,
27 > the same way it does for pam_gnome_keyring.so at this very moment,
28 > effectively removing elogind USE flag from it.
29 >
30 > What do you all think about?
31 >
32 > -- Piotr.
35 This looks broken by default.
36 [ebuild R ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.20.4:0/1.20.4::gentoo USE="doc glamor ipv6 udev xorg xvfb -debug -dmx (-elogind) -kdrive -libressl -minimal (-selinux) -static-libs -suid* -systemd -unwind -wayland -xcsecurity -xephyr -xnest"
37
38 elogind is hard masked and suid is being turned off.
39 Its arm64, so I expect to find a few rough edges.
40
41 However, changes like this need to be coordinated across all arches.
42 Take a pat on the back for the elogind work and a slap on the wrist
43 if my arm64 systems don't work any more.
44
45 Its still building, I'll test later.
48 Regards,
49