From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Features and documentation
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 03:13:59
1 On 11/27/07, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > How the recent changes happened to allow USE flag descriptions in
3 > metadata.xml (which I'm not taking any position on now) gave me an idea.
4 > The Linux kernel requires that any needed documentation accompany all
5 > changes requiring said documentation -- part of the source-code patch
6 > must apply to the Documentation/ directory. Should we require that
7 > before you commit any changes, you (or someone) write the documentation
8 > for them and commit it or submit a patch at the same time?
9 >
10 > To sum up: No undocumented changes.
11
12 No, because this is not a realistic requirement, it's an ideal case.
13 People will just commit changes without documentation anyway.
16 > Discuss.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 > Donnie