From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Duplicated entries in use.desc and use.local.desc
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:22:00
1 Well, the subject really says it all. On bug #89056 it seems to be thought
2 that the duplication is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure this is
3 such a great idea myself, since if the USE flag needs a separate description
4 for a package, it means that the behaviour from that flag could be different
5 from package to package. Currently most of the duplicated flags that I
6 looked at are not at all different and are just restating the same thing in
7 two files.
8
9 So, what do we want to do about this? Should we have some repoman warning if
10 a USE flag exists in both files, or should it be acceptable?
13 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
14 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
15 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
16 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
17 http://www.halcy0n.com