From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, base-system@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bash-3.1 stable
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:40:45
1 On Tuesday 02 April 2013 08:25:43 hasufell wrote:
2 > bash-3.1 seems to break ebuild sourcing and is blocked in most package
3 > managers. So I was wondering how can it still be stable then or even in
4 > the tree? I'd say mask it with a note that this breaks the shit out of
5 > gentoo, no matter what PM you use. Otherwise, just punt it?
6
7 having older versions available are useful for debugging and can easily be
8 tested with `ebuild ... install`. i have no interest in removing any of the
9 older versions of bash.
10 -mike