From: Benedikt Huber <e0060387@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [GNOME 2]: Setting default shell
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:39:54
1 Hi
2
3 For beginners (like me), it would be useful if you mention that it's
4 necessary to set a default shell for each new user you create in order for
5 gnome-terminal to work. (e.g. -s /bin/sh).
6 I don't think this is obvious if your new to linux or if you have used a
7 commercial distro like SUSE or RedHat before.
8 Furthermore, if you set the default shell to /usr/bin/gnome-terminal (kind
9 of stupid, I guess), Gnome 2 refuses to start.
10 Anyway, great tutorials, which have been improved a lot since the last few
11 weeks.
12
13 Benedikt, TU Vienna