From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-plugins/rmxmms
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:12:28
1 On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:59 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > Please note: if in one week or a bit more nobody steps up for maintaining XMMS
3 > in portage, I'll start a phase out of XMMS itself, this means closing all its
4 > new plugins' ebuilds as WONTFIX, and then starting masking plugins with bugs
5 > open to remove them.
6
7 Umm... WTF? Is XMMS inherently broken or something? Is upstream dead?
8 Are there huge security bugs on it? If not, then you shouldn't go
9 removing it. I know that I'd be pretty pissed if my favorite multimedia
10 application suddenly disappeared.
13 Chris Gianelloni
14 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
15 x86 Architecture Team