From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Quoting patch for repoman
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:52:41
1 On 9/30/07, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 9/30/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 30 September 2007, Zac Medico wrote:
4 > > > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > > > On 04:52 Sat 29 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 > > > >> does this work with multilines ?
7 > > > >> if [[ -e ${S}/asdfasdfasdf && \
8 > > > >> -f ${WORKDIR}/moo ]]
9 > > > >> then
10 > > > >>
11 > > > >> this is a crappy example, but entirely correct when the if statement
12 > > > >> gets real long ...
13 > > > >
14 > > > > No, it doesn't. That's why I just made it a warning instead of a
15 > > > > failure, because it's not always going to work.
16 > > >
17 > > > If there aren't many false positives then we don't have to reduce it
18 > > > to a warning since they can use the new repoman --force option to
19 > > > force the commit. If there are many false positives then I think we
20 > > > should try to filter those out if possible so that we don't have to
21 > > > reduce it to a warning and spam people with bogus warning messages.
22 > >
23 > > i see --force as something you should use in order to get around semi-serious
24 > > (but there's a good reason for it) ... not something that people should have
25 > > to use to get around perfectly legit code ...
26 > >
27 > > maybe a new function in repoman that would eat a line as the shell defines it
28 > > (in other words, sucks in all line continuations)
29 > > -mike
30 >
31 > import shlex.... ;)
32 >
33 > I've ripped out all the ebuild content checks into seperate classes
34 > for repoman, I just need to rewrite the warn[] fail[] stuff to work
35 > right.
36 >
37 > -Alec
40 The new checks went into svn this morning. I need to clean them up a
41 bit though (Strings vs StringIO, and maybe some shlex foo)
42 --
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list