From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] subprofiles for ARM architecture
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:22:18
1 On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 01:50:42PM +0200, Raúl Porcel wrote:
2 > With subprofiles we could keyword such packages, mask them globally on
3 > arm and unmask it on the subprofile of the subarchitecture that supports it.
4 I suggest you go and look at the solution that was in place for MIPS
5 subarches as well to take that into consideration.
6
7 I think it still exists in: mips-sources, arcboot, arcload.
8 The latter two being bootloaders that need to be specifically configured
9 for the subarch else they just don't work.
10
11 I think the PPC64 folk also experimented for a while with something for
12 the Cell chip.
13
14 In general, +1 on the subprofile, but not so much on the masking,
15 unless cross-compile isn't an option at all.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85