From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New PROPERTIES="live-sources" setting for ebuilds?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 05:26:44
1 On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 18:52:43 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > As a substitute for the previously discussed RESTRICT=live value[1],
4 > I'd now like you to consider an equivalent PROPERTIES=live-sources
5 > setting. By specifying PROPERTIES=live-sources, an ebuild will be
6 > able to indicate that it uses src_unpack() to download sources from
7 > some type of live repository such as cvs, darcs, git, mercurial, or
8 > svn.
9
10 You're using a single value to mean:
11
12 * include me in some 'live-sources' set
13 * I need some kind of locking in src_unpack
14
15 At the very least, the two should be separate attributes. But the
16 locking probably shouldn't be an attribute at all -- the 'flock' shell
17 utility can be used instead to get much more fine-grained locking.
20 Ciaran McCreesh