From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCESS DENIED during emerge
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:40:47
1 On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Chris White wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 28 April 2006 12:41 pm, A. Khattri wrote:
4 > > In writing and testing a new ebuild, I ran emerge as root and got ACCESS
5 > > DENIED errors when it tried writing two config files into /etc.
6 > >
7 > > Do I need to do something special for config files in an ebuild?
8 >
9 > Don't copy files to the live filesystem, instead do:
10 >
11 > cp whatever.conf whatever2.conf ${D}/etc/
12 >
13 > or some people like:
14 >
15 > insinto /etc
16 > doins whatever.conf whatever2.conf
17
18 Ah, I see now that the actual make install is trying to do this.
19
20 I see there is a configure flag for this:
21
22 --enable-conf-install enable install of sample .conf files in
23 sysconfdir (default: yes)
26 Allow me to run this by you:
27
28 1. So I need to set --enable-conf-install=no which also implies
29 I need to override src_compile
30
31 2. And then after the build, override pkg_postinst to copy the sample
32 config files into /etc
35 Does this sound right or is there a better (preferred?) way?
40 Aj
41 --
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list