From: Chris de Vidal <cdevidal@×××××.com>
To: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DebToo: Debian, Gentoo-style
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:22:39
1 --- Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Chris, I still think that it is misleading people as you can see on this
3 > list. If I understand it right you're not using anything from Gentoo but
4 > as soon as you mention Gentoo (or Gentoo-styled) people will assume
5 > that you're going to use portage for package management as it is the
6 > major difference between distributions.
7
8 Thanks! That assumption can be quickly corrected by visiting the site.
9
10 The announcement was intended for ex-Debian users (and curious Gentoo users)
11 who perhaps left Debian because "it didn't do that."
12
13 Thanks again!
14
15 =====
16 /dev/idal
17 "GNU/Linux is free freedom" --Me
18
20 Do you Yahoo!?
21 Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
22 http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list