From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Last rites for $package ...
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:45:49
1 Hi folks,
4 maybe you remember the discussion about package removal and
5 problems for users on that ...
6
7 The problem was: someone (who's not reading this list) might be
8 interested in some package (or even had installed it) and now
9 gets trouble because its (from his view) sudden removal.
10
11 An solution could be an database of packages scheduled for
12 removal. But this database has to be maintained. And it doesn't
13 seem that there's someone who's interested in doing this extra work.
14
15 As I've seen talks about such removals seem to happen under the
16 suject "Last rites for $package", I'm now going to set up an little
17 mail robot, which catches those mails and adds the named package
18 to an removal-scheduled-database.
19
20 To make this working realiably, we simply need to agree on
21 one thing:
22
23 : If an package is going to be removed, there *always* has to be
24 : an discussion w/ subject "Last rites for $package"
25 : (where $package is the qualified package / port name)
26
27 Maybe we could also define other some other subject for the
28 cases that removal is aborted or committed.
31 What do you think about that ?
34 cu
35 --
37 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
39 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
40 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
41 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
42 http://patches.metux.de/
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list