From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.11 porting sprint!
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 04:46:47
1 Hi,
2
3 We still have some hopes of going to with the original plan of switching
4 the default Python in Gentoo to 3.11 by June-ish, so please port your
5 packages. We're going to be focusing on porting a lot during the next,
6 then start filing bugs for the packages that haven't been ported yet
7 on the weekend after that (i.e. 2023-02-25).
8
9 If you don't have Python 3.11 installed, ensuring that your packages
10 have working test suites will also be of great help.
11
12 Current list of pending packages (found on qa-reports):
13 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/310-to-311.txt
14
15 In graph form, with maintainers listed:
16 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/310-to-311.svg
17
18 Some porting tips:
19 https://projects.gentoo.org/python/guide/porting.html#python-3-11