From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] tinderbox infrastructure project
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 15:38:55
1 On 07/09/2018 15:11, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >> - Invest significantly in Infrastructure spending to fund ambitious
3 >> projects.
4 >
5 > You need people who work on that first.
6 >
7 > Suggestion: Found a tinderbox project, get toralf, kensington, zerochaos,
8 > mgorny, whoelse? on board, integrate this into one nice system with (for
9 > authorized users) point-and-click interfaces for bug reporting and public
10 > status web pages. *Then*, invest in fat hardware for it.
11 >
12 > Our shortage is not money or infrastructire.
13 > Our shortage is a) people, and b) cooperation.
14
15 I'd be interested in this.
16
17 I've been doing infrastructure work for the Chromium project for a few
18 years, and when done right can be exciting and a good force multiplier
19 for development.
20
21 Being used to a cloud environment (provisioning a VM within minutes,
22 easy networking, storage, etc, all I can do myself as cloud project
23 owner without intermediaries or becoming a sysadmin myself). I found it
24 harder to start on Gentoo infrastructure projects, and having some kind
25 of private cloud, or Kubernetes-like deployment would IMO help a lot.
26
27 Paweł