From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, llvm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: LLVM
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 02:41:19
1 2016-08-19 10:07 GMT+08:00 <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>:
2 > That seems a lot like what we've already done. I guess a GSOC student is working on the libcxxabi piece.
3
4 I am that GSoC student :)
5
6 I'm currently trying to push libc++abi to replace libcxxrt as the
7 default runtime: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/2048
8
9 The reason is I think libc++abi blends in more naturally with other
10 LLVM components, and it has a clear version number as opposed to
11 libcxxrt.
12
13 > The only advantage to using our runtime, libcxxrt, is performance and code size.‎
14
15 Honestly I don't know what essential difference these two libs have; I
16 can't find any decent comparison of them on the internet. Do you have
17 some real numbers to show the difference in performance and code size?
20 Lei