From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: brltty not starting early enough
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:59:43
1 On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 12:04 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 05:19:39PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
3 > > Some scripts do run before checkroot, such as clock. clock should be the
4 > > first script started, so if you want it to go really early then
5 >
6 > My goal is to have the braille display active as early is possible so
7 > that if an error occurs during the boot process a blind person would
8 > know about it. I can't start before /proc, /dev, and /sys are mounted
9 > because brltty uses things in those filesystems. Can you think of any
10 > possible reason that I would need to start before clock runs? If not,
11 > I'll just use your first suggestion.
12 >
13 > Besides starting later than expected, will anything break if this goes
14 > on a baselayout 1 system?
15
16 depscan.sh may constantly complain about it
17
18 You could do this
19
20 depend() {
21 if [ -z "$svcdir" ]; then
22 before *
23 fi
24 after clock
25 }
26
27 But I would test to see what happens on baselayout-1 first.
28
29 Thanks
30
31 Roy