From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Character Sets for the Portage Tree Items
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:09:49
1 This is a reaaaalllly quick one... I don't have an official GLEP number
2 yet, since Grant wasn't around when I threw this together, but from the
3 looks of things it'll probably be 31. It's all kloeri and langthang's
4 fault, they got me started on this...
5
6 Only reason that this is a GLEP is because there's no way anyone's going
7 to get around to committing themselves to anything without one... The
8 issue's been discussed several times before, always with the same
9 conclusion, but it seems that certain developers don't like hearing
10 "yeah, we agreed on $foo a while back" without something to back it
11 up... If anyone has any comments, please feel free to discuss. Hopefully
12 this one's not gonna be a problem though...
13
14 [ See attached thingie for details on what this whole thing's about, or
15 if you'd prefer a one word executive summary: "UTF-8". Grant, please do
16 your magic. ]
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

utf8-glep.txt text/plain