From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: location of portage tree
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:14:21
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Ian Stakenvicius posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:53:16 -0400 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> Although, we could always make emerge do an automatic --sync if, say,
5 >> /path/to/portage/profiles doesn't exist. :)
6 >
7 > Ugh, no. Some (many?) of us have a separate portage tree partition, and
8 > occasionally accidentally do an emerge <something> without it mounted.
9 > Having portage decide that it should automatically start downloading a
10 > new tree directly onto the filesystem containing the mountpoint is *NOT*
11 > ideal!
14 +1
15
16 Dale
17
21 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
22 how you interpreted my words!
23
24 Miss the compile output? Hint:
25 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"