From: Ingo Bormuth <ibormuth@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtual/ocaml - to be or not to be
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:32:44
1 Hi dev-list,
2
3 what is the rule concerning when to introduce new virtuals?
4
5 I created an ebuild for metaocaml which is a real drop in replacement for
6 the ocaml programming language allowing for metaprogramming and dynamic
7 linking. Metaocaml in fact is a patched version of ocaml.
8 For licence reasons the patch is not available so I cannot optionally
9 apply it in the ocaml ebuild.
10
11 Would you in such a case create a new virtual or just
12 PROVIDE "dev-lang/ocaml" in the metaocaml ebuild ?
13
14 More information: Bug #111407
15
16 Thanks Ingo
20 Ingo Bormuth, voicebox & telefax: +49-12125-10226517 '(~o-o~)'
21 public key 86326EC9, http://ibormuth.efil.de/contact --ooO--(.)--Ooo--