From: Thomas Cort <linuxgeek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo World Domination. a 10 step guide
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:53:44
1 On 10/4/06, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:00:14 -0400 Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o> wrote:
3 > | - Double the number of developers with aggressive recruiting
4 >
5 > Aggressive recruiting isn't going to find you more competent people.
6 > All it's going to do is increase the moron quotient from its current
7 > 50% to 75%.
8
9 There are plenty of competent people out there. We just aren't getting them.
10
11 > | - Reduce the number of projects by eliminating the dead, weak,
12 > | understaffed, and unnecessary projects
13 >
14 > So just how *do* you plan to replace Portage, which is definitely weak,
15 > definitely understaffed, probably getting close to dead and entirely
16 > not unnecessary?
17
18 I think you know the answer to that question ;)
19
20 > | - Project status reports once a month for every project
21 >
22 > Who's going to read them and follow up on it? All this will do is
23 > create more noise.
24
25 People in the community who are wondering what is going on are going
26 to read them. Userrel/pr would follow up.
27
28 -Tom
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list