From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Proposal v3
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:20:56
1 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> said:
2 > Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o> said:
3 > > Mark Loeser wrote:
4 > > > Here is the newest revision of my proposal. Not much has changed, but I
5 > > > added and changed some small things. Constructive feedback is
6 > > > appreciated. I'd like to get this voted on by the council at the next
7 > > > meeting.
8 > > >
9 > > > * The QA team's purpose is to provide cross-team assistance in keeping
10 > > > the tree in a good state. This is done primarily by finding and pointing
11 > > > out issues to maintainers and, where necessary, taking direct action.
12 > >
13 > > describe what makes it necessary and what actions will be taken
14 > > or if the paragraphs below are meant to do that, you can save that line
15 > > in that paragraph
16 >
17 > What makes it necessary is if something is broken or goes against
18 > policy, and the actions are listed below. I was pretty sure this went
19 > without saying.
20
21 On second reading, this could be worded better. Taking direct action is
22 necessary when something is an emergency, maintainers do not cooperate,
23 etc. It is all elaborated on later on in the document. I did not mean
24 to say that it is always necessary to take direct action.
27 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
28 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
29 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
30 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
31 http://www.halcy0n.com