From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Becoming a Gentoo developer?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:15:05
1 On 15/04/15 15:02 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Yanestra wrote:
3 > > after a talk with some of the persons present here, it appears, Gentoo
4 > > Linux is actually something like a Freemason lodge.
5 >
6 > I disagree with this.
7 >
8 > I do agree that the threshold to become a developer with write access
9 > to the gentoo repo is very high, which is why I'm not a developer,
10 > although I use Gentoo tools and have been writing ebuilds for many years.
11 > I don't have time for the overhead, so I just maintain my own overlay.
12
13 You know, I keep seeing people state this as if it was an established
14 fact, even developers themselves. Unless the process has changed
15 drastically since I joined, the only lengthy part of joining is
16 potentially waiting for the recruitment team to catch up on their
17 backlog. If someone doesn't have a couple of hours to spend filling out
18 the quizes and chatting with a recruiter I don't we're losing out on
19 much.
22 Justin Bronder