From: bfeitell <bfeitell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Mistake in x86 install instructions
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:45:36
1 Hello:
2
3 Please take a close look at "Code Listing 29" in the x86 install
4 instructions for the latest release candidate.
5
6 The line that reads:
7 # emerge sys-apps/sysklogd
8
9 should read
10
11 # emerge app-admin/sysklogd
12
13 This little flub was pretty annoying since I had to learn about the
14 portage system on the fly to figure out the proper incantation.
15
16 One other issue. I get a consistent kernel oops on a k6-3+ with the
17 stage3 tarball. The oops even occurs on boot from the live cd. I can't
18 give details yet since I can't yet cut and paste from my logs (still
19 configuring basic system). Also emerge kde failed on me so I am trying it
20 again.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Bennett Feitell