From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: adding sys-apps/iproute2 to the @system set
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:31:19
1 05.09.14 21:21, Wyatt Epp написав(ла):
2 > On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> no, because it's not necessary to bring up a working system. we don't
5 >> have wpa_supplicant, and we shouldn't have net-tools now that openrc
6 >> isn't in @system anymore.
7 >>
8 > Well, your definition of "working" seems quite a bit narrower than mine!
9 >
10 > More saliently, I recall having needed to do network-related things
11 > from within my stage 3 chroot before, and I'd very much like that to
12 > continue being possible.
15 sys-apps/iproute2 is not necessary for this. stage3 already has enough stuff to work with network. Or am I wrong?
18 Jauhien