From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Two requests for ebuild maintainers+writers
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:40:55
1 Andrej Kacian wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:43:48 -0400
3 > Travis Tilley <lv@g.o> wrote:
6 >>1) start using $(get_libdir) wherever possible instead of referencing
7 >>lib directly. get_libdir is now part of the eutils eclass and is used by
8 >>gen_usr_ldscript in eutils. so, where previously it had:
11 > Does this apply for python packages that install files in /usr/lib/python/... ?
14 I guess I should have clarified a bit. It applies to any non-binary-only
15 non-bytecode non-script library. $(get_libdir) is there to make sure
16 that 64bit libraries go into lib64 on amd64, and 32bit ones go into lib.
17 or that N64 objects on mips go into lib64, N32 in lib32, and O32 in lib
18 (at least i -think- that's how they eventually want it set up?).
19
20 The way python is currently patched, it -should- be looking in lib64 as
21 well as lib, and using $(get_libdir) shouldnt change the behavior on
22 non-multilib archs at all, so it wouldnt have hurt to use it... but i
23 guess this is one case where it would make more sense to not use
24 $(get_libdir). sorry about that ^^;
27 Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list