From: Carlos Silva <r3pek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/ftp VS /home/ftp
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:04:51
1 On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 11:52 +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
2 > In a way, it makes sense to agree on a standard... I thought this was
3 > /home/ftp and /var/www. Mind you... Apache consider
4 > /usr/local/apache/htdocs as the standard web directory -- so who knows. ;-)
5 >
6 > Personally, I prefer my web stuff in /home/httpd, as I usually have more
7 > space there, but once again... users really need to decide where to put
8 > things for themselves, and just symlink /var/www to that place.
9
10 If we are going to follow the FHS standards we have to change/discuss
11 two things:
12 /media vs /mnt
13 http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#MEDIAMOUNTPOINT vs
14 http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html