From: Mathy Vanvoorden <mathy@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Project: Gentoostats
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 18:09:36
1 If you need a hand testing, let me know, I'm willing to run it on my box.
4 Met vriendelijke groeten,
5 Best regards,
6
7 Mathy Vanvoorden
8
9 2017-01-02 18:27 GMT+01:00 Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>:
10
11 > Alexander Shorin:
12 > > Hi!
13 > >
14 > > Thanks for sharing. Would be nice see updated README file (it contains
15 > > outdated links to Not Found pages) and add few notes about comparison
16 > > of your solution with collectd, ussd and the rest modern stats
17 > > collecting tools.
18 > > How better it suites Gentoo machines and why to use it today instead
19 > > of any existed and mature tool?
20 >
21 > We are interested in different kinds of stats with gentoostats. The main
22 > purpose of gentoostats is to collect package statistics, and currently
23 > it does so by utilizing the Portage API. Here's a sample output from the
24 > gentoostats-cli tool that may give you a better idea:
25 >
26 > $ gentoostats-cli search --c sys-apps --p portage --v 2.3.0 --r gentoo
27 > --min_hosts 4
28 > Search results
29 > [{'CAT': 'sys-apps',
30 > 'HOSTS': 5,
31 > 'PKG': 'portage',
32 > 'REPO': 'gentoo',
33 > 'VER': '2.3.0'}]
34 >
35 > There is also other Gentoo-specific information it collects such as this:
36 >
37 > $ gentoostats-cli list arch
38 > Arch
39 > {'amd64': {'HOSTS': 4}, 'x86': {'HOSTS': 1}}
40 >
41 > > --
46 > --
47 > gokturk