From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: debianutils: system worthy ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:06:37
1 Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> posted 479E0EF7.2040108@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:20:55 +0100:
3
4 > I'd relax, removing from system doesn't make the package automagically
5 > uninstall for everybody who has it. And running emerge --depclean
6 > without --pretend, especially on production systems, sounds stupid
7 > anyway :)
8
9 You are absolutely correct, those that use the tools Gentoo both gives
10 them and repeatedly stresses in the documentation, don't have that
11 problem. As I said, however, and Jakob can sure back me up on this as
12 I've seen him make the point =8^), it's what people /should/ do, but...
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list