From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge --depclean broken?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:27:26
1 On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 17:39 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I saw a comment a couple of days ago on the list about emerge --depclean being broken.
3 >
4 > What should I specifically watch for if I use this function?
5
6 That is doesn't unmerge something that shouldn't be unmerged?
7
8 I've never had a problem with it, but I always -p before running a
9 --depclean.
10
11 There is also the problem where a USE flag change causes breakage if the
12 applications that use that flag are not rebuilt before doing the
13 --depclean.
14
15 Perfect example:
16
17 USE=acl emerge coreutils
18 emerge --depclean
19 ls
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux