From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug #20201 and bbapm
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:19:15
1 On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:54:13 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 | *Please*, be so kind and look at metadata.xml for those ebuild, then
3 | just either do it *yourself* or ask someone from your fellow-devs in
4 | commonbox herd to do it for the other ebuilds that you failed to
5 | mention above... Don't move broken stuff on other people's shoulders,
6 | as you've already done once.
7 |
8 | I fail to see why are you claiming here that there's even more broken
9 | stuff in the tree, yet as a member of maintainer herd haven't dealt
10 | with that properly for quite an extensive period of time - and then
11 | you are asking *other* people to do something "properly".
12
13 Did you read herds.xml yet?
14
15 Allow me to explain the root of the problem. You're so obsessed with
16 getting that one bug closed that you're not addressing the actual
17 issue, which is that the original bb* demo code was hideously wrong in
18 several places and thus there are a whole load of broken packages in
19 the tree.
20
21 Closing this one bug off will not, in the grand scheme of things, fix
22 anything. All it will do is give you a false sense of achievement and
23 make me or someone else file yet another "bb* is broken" bug. If you're
24 really looking to help here, solve the problem properly. There is more
25 to it than getting one bug closed.
28 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
29 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
30 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm