From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] enable UTF8 per default?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:54:44
1 * Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> [06/02/28 11:58 +0100]:
2 > Enabling the unicode useflag in the profiles should help our
3 > international users and should not cause any problems. Are there any
4 > known bugs / problems this would trigger? Any reasons against that?
5
6 It is enabled by default. At least on ppc. And that since,
7 uhm, summer 2004?
8
9 I can't say if there are any problems, as I didn't received
10 a bug for a long time. The only thing that's nasty: we
11 don't have any good utf8-fonts for the console.
12
13 Regards, Lars
16 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
17 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer and Release Engineer
18 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
19 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list