From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 55 - The Long Thread
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:42:50
1 On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
2 > There's a lot to be said about being stuck in the "grand design mindset". I
3 > know many Gentoo, Portage, Exherbo, and Paludis developers are clearly
4 > coming to that point in their programming careers based on the comments on
5 > this thread and other threads. I would just like to caution everyone that
6 > they really need to get past this plateau in their programming careers and
7 > get on to the real mindset that matters in the future. The "use case"
8 > mindset.
9
10 Georges Clemenceau once said : "War is too serious a matter to entrust
11 to military men". There surely is something to be said along these
12 lines about software design and programmers.
13
14 Denis.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list