From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PDEPEND behaviour.
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:37:10
1 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 > We need to update docs or harass zmedico to force PDEPEND to be pulled as soon
3 > as possible but not before the pkg that pulls it.
4
5 There is another problem with PDEPEND that I've run into: if you are
6 doing an emerge that fails some time after the package containing the
7 PDEPEND builds but *before* the depended-on package builds successfully,
8 the dependency will not be "remembered" as needed on the next emerge
9 (unless you do a resume, of course). So, basically, the dependency gets
10 forgotten. The new behavior discussed here makes this scenario less
11 likely but does not eliminate it.
12
13 -Joe
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list