From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:33:03
1 On 09/04/10 18:24, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
2 > Really? I understood it as the wiki being an all-purposes wiki, meaning users could (would and should) create articles on how to get some application running or how to get some setting working, and the developers will have their own "section", so to speak, where they can collaborate on various projects where a wiki would be an asset.
3 > It seems to me from the discussion here on the list that it is to centralize documentation (- the official docs), so that gentoo can point to the wiki and say "If it's not in our docs, maybe it's in the wiki".
4 >
5 > I may have mistaken the actual purpose of the wiki, but then by all means, correct me :-)
6 >
7 It has no purpose. The "official" wiki currently has no rules and no
8 mission statement. There's been no activity for 3 days.
9
10 ...in which time the unofficial wiki got countless edits in many
11 languages. And my server downloaded backups 3 times (because we have a
12 public backup policy in place to ensure the content is never lost again
13 - something some people seem to like ignoring (or are just ignorant of)).
14
15 AllenJB