From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] an idea - different setups files ...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:41:35
1 On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:46:54AM +0200, Djamil ESSAISSI wrote:
2 > will it be too much work to create some kinda of setup file that an "emerge" would read in order to install a hole system but/and in different ways ,style;
3 > a "pure" server install
4 > a worstation install
5 > a hybrid (like we almost all do) server/worstation
6 > a gaming machine and why not one for each video card setup ... style : voodoo nvidia etc
7 >
8 > i'm not talking at all about autodetection and all that crap .. just what to get something tightly focused and quickly installed
9 >
10 > that i really think would impress alot o'folks
11 >
12 > if u throw tomatoes at me, not the rotten ones please !
13
14 We have plans to do just this, using our system profile support. You'll see
15 more of this as we move towards 1.0.
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>