From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout-2 progress?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:15:27
1 Stefan Hellermann wrote:
2 > Roy Marples schrieb:
3 >
4 >>> Two small things happened here:
5 >>>
6 >>> After Login I the shell looks like:
7 >>> -bash-3.2#
8 >>> when I start then bash again manually it looks nice, the environment is not
9 >>> setup correctly the first time.
10 >>>
11 >> Doesn't sound like an OpenRC issue as such as bash sets up it's own prompt.
12 >> Also, OpenRC isn't responsible for setting up the environment. At most we
13 >> suck in what's defined in /etc/profile.env
16 >>> when rebooting, INIT stops with "no more processes left in this runlevel"
17 >>> after "remounting /"
18 >>>
19 >> Curious. A suggest you open a bug a http://bugs.marples.name against openrc so
20 >> we can move the debugging off this list.
24 > Here is something other badly broken :) So I don't think it's a openrc issue.
25 >
26 > # echo $PATH
27 > /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
28 > # env | grep PATH
29 > *nothing*
30 > # sysctl # only a example for a app that works
31 > *works*
32 > # which sysctl # this should work if sysctl works without typing /sbin/sysctl
33 > which: no sysctl in ((null))
34 >
35 > I think it could be a CFLAG, I compiled my whole System with -mfpmath=sse (not sse,387),
36 > but while emerging openrc there are compiler warnings saying it uses -mfpmath=387 because
37 > sse is not available. Does openrc block -msse?
38 >
39 > Cheers
40 > Stefan
41 >
42 To hijack this thread, you know you're getting worse performance and
43 more problematic results by using -mfpmath=sse. This is the very same
44 reason that -march=pentium2 / -march=athlon-tbird and newer based CPUs
45 don't enable this flag by default. It requires specific changes to
46 system headers.
47 --
48 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list