From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage management change
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:08:09
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 As some of you may already know Nicholas Jones (carpaski), the portage
4 lead till now, stepped down of that job recently for various reasons.
5 This mail is intended to let people know how things will be handled in
6 the future in portage-land.
7
8 First, there will be no single replacement for the position of the
9 portage lead. Instead there will be a group of three developers (myself,
10 Jason Stubbs and Brian Harring) who will manage the portage project
11 together. As for the voting in manager meetings, I'll act as the human
12 relay for any consensus reached between us.
13 Even with this change in management the developement will continue and
14 focus on the release of a new major version of portage.
15
16 Meanwhile, we'd like to thank Nick for his contributions and wish him
17 good luck with life and the door is always open for coming back in the
18 future.
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list