From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: x86@g.o, ppc@g.o, ia64@g.o, alpha@g.o, sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hey arch teams, we need your input!
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 20:52:18
1 El sáb, 11-04-2015 a las 21:50 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > the debate about arches, keywording and stabilization procedures is
5 > coming up again.
6 >
7 > People have told me that the whole debate seems to turn into some sort
8 > of arch-team bashing. That is definitely not the plan. Also,
9 > supporting many different types of hardware is actually one of the
10 > strong points of Gentoo.
11 >
12 > So, it would be absolutely great to have more feedback from the arch
13 > teams, especially suggestions
14 > * how to improve procedures,
15 > * where you see the main problems, and
16 > * where you don't see problems...
17 >
18 > Please make your voice heard. Noone wants to overrule an active team.
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Andreas
22 >
23 > PS. I've ommitted amd64, hppa, and arm from the manual CC list because
24 > these are the stable arches I'm definitely not worried about.
25 > Obviously feedback is appreciated anyway.
28 I think we need a common place to share all the scripts we are needing
29 to use to:
30 - Stabilize a bunch of packages from different bug reports
31 - Stabilize big lists from *one* bug report
32 - All the bug handling (unCC arches when needed, close the bug when it's
33 the last arch)
34 - The scripts running "repoman full" on the stable candidates to report
35 if they are not ok due to missing deps.
36 - ...
37
38 And, ideally, that multiple script should be unified if possible once we
39 can see them all in that repo and take the best from them :)