From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:24:19
1 Bryan A~stergaard wrote:
2 > Left in a huff? I'm sorry but I don't think you fully understand the
3 > reasons for Brix leaving. After Sunrise was suspended by the council
4 > there was a meeting [1] between brix, the sunrise leads (genstef and
5 > jokey), christel (representing user relations), myself and one or two
6 > other people that showed an interest in the meeting (primarily antarus).
7 >
8 > At that meeting we tried to figure out what the outstanding issues were
9 > and how they could be solved. The outcome of the meeting was that
10 > sunrise was to stay as an unofficial project until those issues were
11 > solved - I'd like to remind everybody that genstef and jokey agreed on
12 > this. Furthermore Brix was to write up his proposal on how to reach the
13 > goals of sunrise in a more acceptable way (to him and other people
14 > uneasy with the current sunrise project).
15 >
16 > Before this could even happen genstef took upon himself to tell the
17 > council that all outstanding problems have been solved although I
18 > haven't seen *any* progress regarding the issues raised on that meeting.
19 >
20 > I don't know if genstefs memory is just extremely bad or if he
21 > purposefully misled the council or something entirely different. That's
22 > not really my point either.
23 >
24 > *This is my point* - Brix sees sunrise in it's current form as a project
25 > with great potential to harm Gentoo. He agrees with the goals but not
26 > the implementation. And no matter how hard he works at solving the
27 > problems he sees genstef, jokey and the council have mostly ignored him
28 > by unsuspending the project. I certainly don't blame Brix if he sees no
29 > further possibility for correcting those problems and instead chooses to
30 > leave the project.
31
32 Well, huh??? Looks like you've missed the -dev ML thread altogether, as
33 did brix (despite it was himself who started it, as Mike has already
34 pointed out). Brix didn't write any proposal and didn't raise any
35 specific objections when called for, then he goes to leave b/c the
36 project has been unsuspended? Sorry, I really fail to see how is this
37 council's fault (or any Sunrise project member's fault for that matter).
41 Best regards,
42
43 Jakub Moc
44 mailto:jakub@g.o
45 GPG signature:
46 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
47 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
48
49 ... still no signature ;)