From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: multiple inheritance support for profiles, Round 2
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:09:51
1 Hi Zac,
2
3 On 10/8/06, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 > I'm only proposing that we add support to portage now because it
5 > seems like it will be useful in the future. How and when people
6 > make use of this support does not concern me much.
7 >
8 > Zac
9
10 I believe that multiple parent support would be useful for the Seeds
11 project; it would allow the LAMP Developer Desktop (for example) to
12 inherit from both the generic 2006.1/x86 profile and the LAMP Server
13 profile.
14
15 I'm not saying we'd definitely end up going that way, but it would be
16 something worth testing when the time comes.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Stu
20 --